Let’s get the conversation started. What’s the role of youth in the democratic process?
As an English teacher, I am aware of the literacy skills crucial to being a contributing member of the democratic process. In the United States, we have the privilege of voting for those who represent us in government,
- But how does one make an informed decision?
- How does one attempt to make changes if our representatives aren’t working in our best interest?
- How do we inform and persuade others for the need for change?
Literacy skills. It’s all about being able to research, read critically, and compose effective, logical texts that will appeal to varied audiences for a specific purpose.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Let’s first gain an understanding of what youth today feel about political action.
- Is it important?
- Are there ways to foster agency in youth today?
- What are the roles of all stakeholders in such a process?
Please contribute your thoughtful reflections on this HackPad: